Director, Financial Intelligence Unit
Educational/Professional Development Courses:
- M.Phil. in Accounting and B.Sc. Economics (Honours) in Accounting from the University of Sierra Leone.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Member of the International Compliance Association (ICA)with an International Diploma in Financial Crime Prevention from ICA
- Attended several strategic professional development and management courses including:
- Fraud Investigation Management, Strategy &Techniques.
- Data analytics and Uncovering Fraud, using Financial Record Analysis.
- Planning and Conducting Vendor Audit and Contract and Procurement Fraud investigations. Institutional Risk Management: Monitory and Evaluation techniques.
- Money Laundering and Illicit Financial Flows and Financing Terrorism in Africa.
- Management and Leadership courses.
Over 18 years of extensive practical and strategic experience in financial crime investigation and promoting good governance in Sierra Leone and regional level.
- At the African Development Bank (AfDB): 9 years of hands-on experience in leading investigations into allegations of financial crimes in the implementation of the African Development Bank’s funded projects in Africa and in its internal operations. Credited for several successful investigations into financial crime; debarment of multilateral firms for sanctionable practices and implementation of compliance systems by the debarred firms, and improvement in the Bank’s internal processes.
- Before joining the AfDB in 2009, worked in the Anti-Corruption Commission of Sierra Leone for nine years as Investigation Officer, Senior Professional Standard Officer and Head of Asset Declaration Unit. Successfully managed the first public servants’ Assets Declaration process in Sierra Leone and investigated many corruption cases that led to the imprisonment of public officials in Sierra Leone and improvement of good governance systems.